PICTURES FROM BOONEVILLE

I have posted a few pictures from Porter's Memorial Service that was held July 12, 2008 at Booneville, CA under the post: "Rest in peace Porter Willis"

http://porterawillispw.blogspot.com/2008/07/rest-in-peace-porter-willis-we-love-you.html


Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Farewell Big Port, we'll miss you

by Cyndy Coleman Marshall
Timmy and Big Port, 1983 Washoe - Payette, ID
~~~~~~~~~~~
Reunited again July 3, 2008, "in Heaven"

Timothy R Smith 8-2-75 / 8-31-01 ~ Porter A Willis 2-26-23 / 7-3-08

Porter A. Willis, Sr. aka Big Port, Port Sr, Port, Porter passed away yesterday, July 3rd after a valiant 5-6 week fight to recover from a quadruple bypass heart surgery and complications. He was a dear friend and mentor, and the only grandfather my sons, Tim and Eric "really knew". He is the one person in my life most responsible for my foundation in cowhorse - cowboy - cow knowledge.

Seeing this pic of Tim and Big Port after I uploaded it was kind of surreal...

Here I was - happy go lucky sorting through pics of Big Port that were already in digital format on my computer, putting them in folder, uploading them... and then started to write my thoughts. I had just written the title Farewell Big Port and then scrolled down to the first picture... which was the pic of Tim, Big Port and the tractor and I had the realization and visualization for the first time that for Tim, it wasn't Farewell, but "Hello Big Port" and of him greeting Big Port in Heaven...

Thinking of you with love, cyndy coleman marshall

No comments: