PICTURES FROM BOONEVILLE

I have posted a few pictures from Porter's Memorial Service that was held July 12, 2008 at Booneville, CA under the post: "Rest in peace Porter Willis"

http://porterawillispw.blogspot.com/2008/07/rest-in-peace-porter-willis-we-love-you.html


Sunday, July 13, 2008

Rest in Peace Porter Willis, We love you

By Cyndy Coleman Marshall



Empty boots



The Eubanks Grove, surrounded by stately old Redwoods, was a perfect setting for Porter's Service. The pictures do not do justice to the natural beauty we were surrounded by.




Hearts filled with good memories to share















Rest in Peace Porter Willis, we love you






Sigh.... I'm writing this as I'm sitting in the Oakland Airport waiting for my flight back to Oregon.

Averyel and family put together most fitting send off for Big Port, he was such a dynamic man. The service was in Booneville, CA, it is the place of Porter's birth, he was raised there, and then he and Averyel lived there for the first two years of their marriage giving birth to their first born Porter Lynn.


This beautiful serene stately grove of CA Redwoods just up a little draw, was the place of early family reunions, so what a natural and fitting place to gather and honor the life of Big Port. The pioneer cemetery where Porter's parents are buried was a short walk up thru the grove to the top of hill that has a beautiful view of Anderson Valley. It took me back in time to simpler life... wishing the trees could talk. It was serene listening to the birds singing, the wonderful acoustic guitar music... the happy children's gurgles and laughter... and the tears we shared for the love of a wonderful man that binds us all together. The visual serenity among those giant redwoods is beyond description, surrounding the flag draped casket, with his "last" favorite silver belly hat on top, and his empty cowboy boots beside.


The service honored every part of his life... his being a "larger than life", "one of kind" gentleman, an honest, STRAIGHT forward man of integrity, a first class horseman and cattleman, his being one of our military hero's, and being full of his own brand of unique humor, being noble and honorable in the company of women, especially his beloved Averyel. He was a lover of the outdoors, of his family, grandchildren and friends and good horses.


Sigh... this little blurb just doesn't do it justice... but I wanted to give you a little glimpse of Porter's sendoff before boarding my flight back to Oregon. Wish I taken some cell phone pics, I could have sent them to the blog... You'll see pics and eventually some video clips here.


Please please... write down your memories and stories and send to the blog... when you use the email link, it goes directly to the blog and then I can paginate and move pictures around. I suggest CCing your email to me in case it gets lost in cyberville... I'll have a copy for.


My personal direct email is cowhorse777@netscape.com


We love you Porter Willis... thank you for being such a dynamic "in your own special style" kind of man, husband, father, uncle, son, nephew, grand dad, great grand dad, friend, brother. I am truly a better person for having had you in my life. I thank God for you and your family. I love you.


Love Cyndy

No comments: